Country Life

Country Life
Country Life 18x36 oil painting by Mary Mapes

Thursday, May 5, 2011

"eBay" is a song by "Weird Al" Yankovic. It is a parody of "I Want It That Way" by Backstreet Boys. In it, the narrator describes how he incessantly purchases bizarre (and purportedly unneeded) items on eBay.  If you haven't heard the song go to Utube,  It is very humorous.
The song mentions many things either commonly found on eBay, or reflective of the ridiculous advertisements on the website.
My life on eBay may not be a comical but it is colorful for I sell miniature paintings called ACEO's
ACEO's are original pieces of art that measure 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches the same as a baseball card.  Collecting ACEOs is a way for a person to affordablely collect original artwork.  The little cards are used in a variety of ways from framing, gift inserts for cards to friend... to putting them in an album and everything in between.  They are a way a collector can have real, original art without breaking the bank.  Originally ACEOs were paintings that artist traded and shared among friends.  During the week I work at painting these little gems.  It takes me about 2-3 hours to do one as I am committed to presenting pieces with good composition that contain lots of detail.  Many of my ACEOs are oil paint on real canvas.  I post them on Sunday night and they auctioned on the site for 7 days.  I have not found a good way to direct people to my site.  My id name is marysfineart but I can't get to the site using that.  I put M2 at the end of most of my painting descriptions so that people can search for M2 and find my work.  I am told that M2 is on others but that you can check a few to find mine and then add my auction to eBay favorite sellers.  I will be posting some of my ACEOs on this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment