Country Life

Country Life
Country Life 18x36 oil painting by Mary Mapes

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pleasant Morning

After a week of computer frustration--- still going on, I decided to go for a ride on my lovely horse instead of trying to do anything with my computer.  It was a wonderful ride.  I saw three turkeys grazing along the woods.  We got pretty close to them before they ducked into the woods.  After my rides I set up for some outdoor painting and turn my mare loose to grab some well-earned grass.  When first turned loose to graze she is a little timid and grazes almost on top of me.  Then she branches out 15-20 feet but never leaves.  I paint for up to an hour and then put her up in a lot by the old hay barn.  I have attached photos todays wildflower.
Geranium maculatum
Our beautiful native wild Geranium, with neat fresh foliage all season, and clusters of large pink to lavender colored blooms, held high above.

No comments:

Post a Comment