Country Life

Country Life
Country Life 18x36 oil painting by Mary Mapes

Friday, May 13, 2011

Wildflowers and Paintings



Wood Phlox;  These beauties range from deep blue to pale blue depending upon the light.



This is a wildflower that I have not been able to identify.  It if found in open areas.



Another view from the side.  Anyone know what it is.  I suppose a farmer would know as it looks like it would be a weed in fields and along lanes etc.

This is one of the woodland trails.  Down at the bottom is the red tip of  my horses ear.

    While riding today I saw many wildflowers, they are now in full bloom so much so that some of the trilliums have turned pink even dark pink.  I saw two Sandhill Cranes grazing in the hay field and a turkey in the woods.  This was the first time I've seen Sandhill Cranes this spring.  Turkey sightings are almost daily.  Below are some paintings I have done they are ACEO's miniature Oil paintings sized 2.5 x 3.5 Inches.  I thought I was uploading them to be saved in an online folder for future use.  In the past I have not been able to up load pictures from my files to a post here on blogger.  I have had to first put them in an online photo storage.  Sorry about so many.  I do not know how to take them off.  Just learning this Blogger stuff.

Painting Gallery

Blue Parrot

Curiosity


Summer Reds

Working Guys

Lounging

Old red tractor

Autumn Barns

Lion's Look

Shadows

Local Amish Lady

Princess

Yellow Water Lily

Mama Hummer




1 comment:

  1. The second picture is a weed. I had to pull them out of my garden. However, I don't know the name. :(

    ReplyDelete