Country Life

Country Life
Country Life 18x36 oil painting by Mary Mapes

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

William and Kate's Royal Wedding Coverage

This is an ACEO watercolor sketch that I did of the team of horses who pulled the carriage.

Many Americans who watched the royal wedding coverage say they appreciated the elegance and traditions of the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, now Duchess of Cambridge.  My favorite part was the carriage ride after the wedding.
Britain's Prince William and and his wife Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, traveled to Buckingham Palace in a 1902 State Landau carriage after the royal wedding at Westminster Abbey.   I wanted to see more of the horses especially the ones pulling the carriage.  I loved watching the prancing horses and how they were controlled or driven by riders.  I hunted for a good photo of the horses but found NONE.  So I watched the videos and did a quick watercolor sketch of the four horses who pulled the royal carriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment